- What is WeBuyz?
Our goal is to make it easier for you to start your online e-commerce business.
Both of them are owned by Alibaba group.
Taobao marketplace was founded in 2003 and it's purely for Chinese consumers inside China while Aliexpress was founded in 2010 to serve foreign consumers.
Generally speaking, both of them are good but from a business point of view, we tend to go with Taobao for a lot of advantages.
- Sometimes Taobao is cheaper when it comes to heavier items that are between 1-2 KG (fashion, bags, shoes).
- Taobao has more products than Aliexpress because most sellers do not speak English at all, so they do not understand how to do business outside of China. Not to mention that there is already a massive market inside China alone.
- Taobao sellers have truly unique products that are not even listed anywhere in the world because many sellers have easy access to local manufacturers, which allows them to make their own products so as a result, you will be able to differentiate yourself and sell unique products.
- Every day millions of products are being listed - the sky is the limit. You can't even catch up with them.
- There are more than 20 million sellers
- And lastly, the most important thing is you can control 100% of the whole logistics process instead of depending on Aliexpress logistics.
- Many products have a Chinese watermark on them, it's something we can't help with, as we said before Taobao sellers sell inside China only so it would make sense.
- Taobao sellers don't ship internationally and if they do it will be expensive as most of them don't even bother to find a good shipping rate.
- Taobao sellers does not speak English ( some sellers speak very limited English)